According to India TV News, The Laughing Buddha brings good luck, contentment and abundance in one's life. It depicts plenitude of whatever one wishes for – be it wealth, happiness or satisfaction. Usually depicted as a stout, laughing bald man with an overtly exposed pot-belly stomach.
It is said that his appearance comes from a Buddhist Zen monk who lived over 1000 years ago. His protruding stomach and jolly smile earned him this name.
Our 3" Buddhas are given 6 general categories common to the Laughing Buddha's lore: Peace, Money, Love, Health, Luck and Happiness. Though Buddha represents all of these and much more it sometimes helps one to choose by giving the posture a general label.
Different Meanings of the Laughing Buddha:
1) Laughing Buddha playing with children (usually five in number)
Symbolizes good fortune coming from heavens, good luck and positive energies.
2) Laughing Buddha with a bowl
The bowl depicts a monk's life. It is associated with renunciation of material possessions and attaining enlightenment.
3) Laughing Buddha with a fan
This one symbolizes happiness and joy. It is said that the waving of the fan by a Buddha sculpture depicts the banishment of troubles.
4) Laughing Buddha with a sack or bag
The Buddha carrying sack symbolizes a traveller. One version is that the sack means that he collects people's sadness and woes and puts them in his sack. While another version is that the sack symbolizes the wealth and good fortune that he spreads as he travels.
5) Laughing Buddha with beads or balls
The Buddha with beads is considered to be a monk representing meditation practice. The beads also symbolize ‘pearls of wisdom'. Meanwhile, the ball is also considered to represent wealth and is said to bring prosperity.
Postures of the Laughing Buddha:
1) The sitting posture of Buddha is considered to be that of love and it symbolizes a balance of one's thoughts and a sense of tranquillity.
2) The standing Buddha symbolizes riches and happiness.
3) Buddha sitting on a large gold nugget and ready to give a smaller gold nugget is a symbol of good luck. - of course!
4) Buddha with his fan hat on his head represents enjoyment and good fortune.
5) Buddha holding a gold block with his hands in upright position signifies abundant riches and good luck.
6) Buddha with fan in one hand and bottle gourd in another brings blessings and good health.
7) Buddha carrying a bag of gold on his back symbolizes prosperity.
8) Buddha carrying a bag of blessings on his right shoulder and fan on the left one protects during long journeys.
When purchasing You will receive ONE (1) of the Buddhas pictured. Namaste.